Nurse Practitioner Student Resume
A nurse practitioner student resume be different from a traditional RN resume and must highlight your high qualification, experience in providing individualized care and participation in various health care activities and research. As a nurse practitioner, your work areas are more than the traditional nurse. The job of the nurse practitioner is to provide individual care. The priorities for a nurse practitioner are wellness, prevention of further illness as well as educating the patient and his/her family. As a nurse practitioner student, you have experience of a few years that you gained while completing your graduation, mention this experience to highlight your resume.
While creating your resume, write your work experience or internship experience in detail with the kind of roles and functions you perform. Don't mention your work experience in a single line by stating the organization you worked for and the duration. Mention all your personal information, work experience and education details in chronological order.
Nurse Practitioner Resume
650 Rick Plaza,
Phone No.: (504)322-4222
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a personal nurse practitioner job that helps me use my skills and provide care to the patients during prenatal, adolescent, adult, pediatric, and geriatric. To provide best service by using my experience in illness prevention, wellness promotion, stabilizing chronic illnesses as well as taking care of minor illnesses.
License Number 54872 - Registered Nurse
Nationally Certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Nationally Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
Neonatal resuscitation regional instructor program
Basic life support
FNP, MSN, BSN, University of Chicago, 19XX
Nurse Practitioner Neonatal Certification course, Edward College of Nursing, Chicago, 19XX
Degree in Nursing, Liberty College, Grand Square, Chicago, 19XX - 19XX
Dr. John Crawford Hospital, Chicago
Designation: Intern family nurse practitioner from 20XX to 20XX.
- Worked in the direct clinical cares section in ambulatory setting
- Carried systematic examination of the patients and found out chronic illnesses or acute complaints. Worked with various clinical physicians to treat patients with abnormal findings.
- Maintained documentation of charts, tracked records and used reporting tools to keep complete record of patients assigned to me
St. John Hospital, Chicago 19XX to 19XX
Designation: ER Nurse
- Attended emergency patients and regular patients during helicopter transport
St. John Hospital, Chicago 19XX to 19XX
- Worked in medical ICU as well as emergency room as a nurse
- Worked in night shifts to supervise intern nurses
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Complete knowledge of techniques and principles of nurse practitioner
- Expertise in various methods for providing a safe environment for patients, their families and the hospital staff by including use of proper personal protective equipments
- Skilled in noting down medical history and assessing medical conditions to interpret findings
- Ability to work in team and support decisions and changes made by other staff members as well as manage conflicts
- Providing care to the ongoing patient by applying various methods, principles and techniques of nursing
- Maintained confidentiality of patient medical and personal information
English: Read, Write, Speak
French: Read, Write, Speak
As a student nurse practitioner, highlight your experience as traditional nurse as well as mention your role and responsibilities as an intern nurse practitioner student. Provide the details of your expertise in providing clinical care, using technical medical instruments to detect various illnesses, providing required treatment to cure the disease. Mention the maintenance of reports that you prepared during internship or during your last jobs. Provide the details of the report you generated and the tools you used to generate the reports.
If you are multi linguistic then do not forget to mention the languages you know and your proficiency level in these languages. Knowing foreign languages is an added advantage as you can communicate with foreign patients when they are under treatment at the hospital.
The nurse practitioner resume should include your work experience as an intern as well as previous job experience, education details and certifications. Provide the exact level of proficiency of using advanced medical tool and mention your personalized clinical care efficiency for patient.