Law Student Resume
Any individual, who is seeking a job, has to write a resume that is able to reflect him/her to the fullest. Although, an employer may just have a glance at the resume, but still a perfect resume may do the eye-catching impact and get you the opportunity that you were seeking. Many students including law students are preparing to seek entry level opportunities in the field of specialization. Law students may begin the career graph with a position such as judicial clerk or legal assistant. A law student resume should include clear details of the educational qualifications, achievements and honors during the academic period as it may not be so important as one gains experience over the couple of years but certainly is of immense interest to the potential employer, who is keen to know your potential.
#211 Green Avenue Blvd.
Michigan, MI, 45147
Cell: 111 223 5699
Job Objective: To grab a challenging legal entry-level position in a reputed legal firm that allows me to practically implement my theoretical knowledge and research work and develops my interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Highly Focused towards legal field
- Exemplary research, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent linguistic skills in writing and speaking
- Skillful interpersonal skills and time management
- Adequate computer proficiency
James Brown School of Legal Studies, Washington, D.C
Contender for doctor of Jurisprudence, Expected May, 20XX
- Best Student throughout the course
- G.P.A. 3.5 on a scale of 4.0
- Awarded ABC Law Society merit scholarship
- Member Washington Association of Law Students
- Won the XYZ mock trial competition
Ford University, School of Arts and Science, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts, Major in English
- Dean's List, 20XX to 20XX
- Awarded by Phi Alpha Kappa Honor Society, 20XX
- G.P.A 3.76 on a scale of 4.0
Jones and Gomes Legal Associates, New York, NY
Summer Internship, May 20XX to July 20XX, Legal Intern
- Carry out the basic legal duties associated with case trials of the clients of the firm
- Took dictations from the senior attorneys, for pre trial documentations
- Assisted in preparation of motions, and client advice letter
- Verified the plaintiff's background and conducted legal research for varied cases
- Developed and implemented a new documentation system that allows easy access and retrieving of the legal documents.
Advisor Legal Firm, New York, NY
Summer Placement, May 20XX to Aug 20XX, Legal Assistant
- Assisted the firm in legal documentation
- Interviewed the office members regarding the difficulties faced during fulfilling the duties, complaints regarding co operation and co ordination in the team. This helped in improving the overall efficacy of the staff and stimulated the communication in the team.
- Prepared trial documents, motions, pleadings and other common legal documents as per the requirements of the senior attorneys.
- Proof read other colleagues legal documents
- Law Student Association California, California,
- Member Lions Club, Washington, DC
- Member, National Theatre of Drama and Arts, Washington, DC
Marital Status: Single
Date of Birth: 24/8/19XX
Languages: English, Russian
Hobbies: Reading novels
Student resumes are the building blocks of their career. Law students start their career as intern in some legal firms that allow them to gain some practical knowledge of the field and explore their legal skills. To write a law student resume, one should highlight to pursue a career in the field of law and grow in this field. While writing the resume, one should not ignore any single achievement in the academic field and internships or summer placements during studies. Also, mentioning any job experience, regardless to relevance is advisable. This sample resume for law students will help them to write their student resumes effectively.