College Student Resume
Most graduation level courses include internship for 2 months or stipulated period of time depends on the course you have joined. You need to do your internship in an organization that has professional work environment, hence you need to present your resume when you apply for an internship in any organization. College student resume sample should include your education details and emphasis on your skills. Even though, you do not have work experience you can draft your resume on the basis of volunteer work, college projects, extra curricular activities, ability to learn new things, etc.
Your recruiter wants to know if you are suitable to work in a professional work environment and would you be able to properly handle the tasks assigned to you. You can mention the various odd jobs that you have done till date. Mention your academic as well as athletic achievements. Take time to jot down all the points you need to mention in the resume. Collect all the relevant data such as your academic qualification, your years of passing high school or receiving award during school. You need to mention correct information in your resume. Do not consider college student resume for internship less important from resume for job application. It should be precise, professional, clear, clean and readable.
Resume Samples For College Students
Contact Number: (548) 455 5445
To gain internship opportunity in your organization, this will help me gain practical knowledge about polymer formation, their reaction and their large scale manufacture processes.
De La College of Science, LA, third year student 20XX
Bachelor of Science (Specialization Chemistry with major in Industrial Chemistry)
Awards and Honors:
- Performed well in academics and was listed on Dean's list
- Received best project awards during inter college science project held in June 20XX
- Received certificate for presenting best research papers during first year of graduation
- Member of honor society since may 20XX
Lab instructor, Chemistry department, De La College of Science, LA, June 20XX to July 20XX
Roles and responsibilities undertaken:
- Guided first year and second year students during their lab practical
- Generated reports, kept a track record of the performance of the students
- Maintained attendance and acted as communicator between student and lecturers
- Helped resolve problems faced by the students
- Studied bauxite leaching in a group project by 4 students. Presented papers to the college after the research and was awarded best research papers certificate.
- Conducted environmental study in Los Angelo's. Collected samples from all over the state and conducted research that spanned duration of 4 months.
- Gained practical knowledge about NMR and IR during various practical and projects
Additional Work Experience:
Waitress, Oriental Hotel, LA June 20XX to September 20XX
Worked as a part waitress, duties included providing complete customer service. Noting down customers order, and making sure they receive their order on time.
Worked as a baby sitter on weekends
- Ms Excel, intermediate level
- Ms Word, expert level
- MS PowerPoint, expert level
- Internet, expert level (Can surf internet to find right information needed for research and have blogging site where I write blog on research work, member of online chemical research group)
English: Speak, Read, Write German: Speak, Read, Write
Your resume should be professional, with precise information, your correct contact details, clean, readable. Do not use font such as comic sans or unreadable cursive fonts to draft your resume. Mention the skills that you have developed to practical knowledge you have gained during your academic years at college. Mention your academic achievements and mention the project as well as research works in detail so that the recruiter knows about your capabilities.
The college student resume examples should lay emphasis on your skills, projects, research and education details. You can mention the various languages you know, computer proficiency as computer knowledge is needed in any job. Provide the complete details of your research work so that the recruiter knows your skill set and efficiency of work.